|Net sales||4 099||3 908||4 131||16 133|
|Operating profit||653||421||627||2 166|
|Profit after tax||507||332||485||1 668|
|Earnings per share, SEK||6.0||4.0||5.8||19.9|
|Operating margin, %||15.9||10.8||15.2||13.4|
|Return on capital employed, %||10.5||6.7||10.2||8.7|
|Return on equity, %||9.1||6.1||9.2||7.8|
|Cash flow before investments and working capital||586||588||742||2 310|
- Operating profit for January–March was SEK 653 million (January–March 2017: SEK 627 million). Operating profit includes a forest property sale of SEK 70 million. Prices for paper and wood products increased, wheras costs for wood and other input goods rose.
- Compared with the fourth quarter of 2017, profit was SEK 232 million higher, mainly as a result of income from the forest property sale and due to that fourth-quarter earnings were affected by a maintenance shutdown.
- Profit after tax for January–March amounted to SEK 507 million (485), which corresponds to earnings per share of SEK 6.0 (5.8).
- Return on capital employed was 10.5 (10.2) per cent.
- Net debt decreased by SEK 368 million to SEK 2 568 million.
- The 2018 AGM approved a dividend of SEK 13 (12) per share and a 2:1 share split, whereby each share is divided into two shares.
For further information please contact:
Henrik Sjölund, President and CEO, tel. +46 8 666 21 05
Anders Jernhall, Executive Vice President and CFO, tel. +46 8 666 21 22
Stina Sandell, Senior Vice President Sustainability and Communications, tel. +46 73 986 51 12
This information is information that Holmen AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, on Wednesday 25 April 2018 at 13.00.