- The Group's net turnover for January-June amounted to MSEK 9 240 (January-June 2005: 8 002).
- Profit after tax was MSEK 709 (488).
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK 8.4 (5.8). Return on equity was 8.8% (6.3).
- The operating profit was MSEK 1 104 (813). The improvement is due to higher deliveries of paperboard and newsprint and higher prices for newsprint.
- The operating result for the second quarter was MSEK 134 lower than in the first quarter, mainly as a result of lower production and increased costs in connection with maintenance stops and lower profits at Holmen Kraft and Holmen Skog.
- The market situation for newsprint remained strong in Europe during the second quarter. Holmen Paper's deliveries were 16% higher than in the first half of 2005, mainly as a result of the new paper machine in Madrid. On average, prices for Holmen Paper's products were some 5% higher in relation to the previous year.
- The market situation for virgin fibre board in Europe remained good in the second quarter. Iggesund Paperboard's deliveries were 9% higher than in the first half of 2005. Prices were stable.