|Net turnover||3 938||3 939||4 276||16 231||17 852|
|Operating profit excl.
items affecting comp.*
|338||326||271||1 209||1 713|
|Operating profit||338||326||78||1 069||1 520|
|Profit after tax||230||207||902||711||1 853|
|Earnings per share, SEK||2.7||2.5||10.7||8.5||22.1|
|Return on equity, %||4.5||4.1||17.7||3.4||9.3|
* Items affecting comparability are impairment losses and restructuring costs at Holmen Paper (Q1 2013: SEKm -140, Q4 2012: SEKm -193).
- Profit after tax for 2013 was SEK 711 million (2012: 1 853). Profit for the previous year was affected by a non-recurring income of SEK 911 million resulting from a reduction in corporate tax rate.
- Earnings per share totalled SEK 8.5 (22.1). Return on equity was 3.4 per cent (9.3).
- The Board proposes a dividend of SEK 9 (9) per share.
- Operating profit excluding items affecting comparability totalled SEK 1 209 million (1 713). The decline was attributable to a stronger Swedish krona, lower selling prices for printing paper and production disruptions at Iggesund Paperboard.
- Compared with the third quarter, operating profit rose by SEK 12 million to SEK 338 million. Implemented rationalisations have compensated for a loss in volume as a result of the shutdown of printing paper machines.
- The market situation for paperboard was good. Demand for printing paper continued to decline but the market balance for newsprint is good as a result of shutdowns. Price increases were implemented at the turn of 2013/2014. The market for sawn timber remained weak.
- Magnus Hall, Holmen President and CEO, has informed the Board of his wish to resign. Henrik Sjölund, currently CEO of Holmen Paper, has been appointed to be his successor. The change will take place in connection to the AGM April 8.
For further information please contact:
Magnus Hall, President and CEO, tel. +46 8 666 21 05
Anders Jernhall, CFO, tel. +46 8 666 21 22
Ingela Carlsson, Communications Director, tel. +46 70 212 97 12
This is information that Holmen AB is obliged to disclose under the Swedish Securities Market Act and/or the Swedish Financial Instruments Trading Act. The information was distributed to the media for publication at 08.00 CET on Thursday February 13, 2014.