|Net turnover||3 939||4 197||4 230||12 293||13 577||17 852|
| Operating profit excl.
items affecting comp.*
|326||307||394||871||1 442||1 713|
|Operating profit||326||307||394||731||1 442||1 520|
|Profit after tax||207||232||249||481||950||1 853|
|Earnings per share, SEK||2.5||2.8||3.0||5.7||11.3||22.1|
|Return on equity, %||4.1||4.5||5.0||3.1||6.4||9.3|
* Items affecting comparability are impairment losses and restructuring costs at Holmen Paper (Q1 2013: SEKm -140, Q4 2012: SEKm -193).
- Profit after tax for January–September 2013 was SEK 481 million (January–September 2012: 950).
- Earnings per share totalled SEK 5.7 (11.3).
- Return on equity was 3.1 per cent (6.4).
- Operating profit, excluding items affecting comparability, totalled SEK 871 million (1 442). The decline was attributable to a stronger Swedish krona, lower selling prices for printing paper and production disruptions at Iggesund Paperboard.
- Compared with the second quarter, operating profit rose by SEK 19 million to SEK 326 million. There was a significant increase in income from paperboard. Earnings for the second quarter included SEK +102 million from the establishment of a jointly-owned wind power company.
- The market situation for paperboard was good. Demand for printing paper continued to decline but the market balance for newsprint is good as a result of shutdowns. The market for sawn timber remained weak.
For further information please contact:
Magnus Hall, President and CEO, tel. +46 8 666 21 05
Anders Jernhall, CFO, tel. +46 8 666 21 22
Ingela Carlsson, Communications Director, tel. +46 70 212 97 12
This is information that Holmen AB is obliged to disclose under the Swedish Securities Market Act and/or the Swedish Financial Instruments Trading Act. The information was distributed to the media for publication at 13.05 CET on Thursday October 24, 2013.
This is a translation of the Swedish interim report of Holmen Aktiebolag (publ.). In the event of inconsistency between the English and the Swedish versions, the Swedish version shall prevail.