|Net turnover||4 569||4 778||4 787||9 347||9 508||18 656|
|EBITDA||694||789||808||1 482||1 672||3 240|
|Operating profit*||488||560||492||1 048||1 050||1 980|
|Profit after tax*||313||389||302||701||672||1 307|
|Earnings per share, SEK*||3.7||4.6||3.6||8.3||8.0||15.6|
|Return on equity, %*||6.4||7.9||7.3||7.2||8.1||7.8|
* Excluding revaluation of forest in Q4 2011: + SEK 3 593 million before tax (SEK 2 648 million after tax).
- Profit after tax for January - June 2012 totalled SEK 701 million (January - June 2011: SEK 672 million).
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK 8.3 (8.0).
- Return on equity was 7.2 per cent (8.1).
- Operating profit totalled SEK 1 048 million (1 050). Earnings from forest increased, while the contribution from currency hedges fell.
- The operating profit from the second quarter was SEK 488 million, SEK 72 million lower than in the preceding quarter. Earnings from hydro power generated by the company were lower due to seasonal factors. Production efficiency and low costs in printing paper largely offset the expiry of favourable currency hedges.
- The market situation for paperboard was stable during the quarter, while demand for printing paper and sawn timber was weak.
For further information please contact:
Magnus Hall, President and CEO, tel. +46 8 666 21 05
Anders Jernhall, CFO, tel. +46 8 666 21 22
Ingela Carlsson, Public Relations Director, tel. +46 70 212 97 12
In its capacity as issuer, Holmen AB is releasing the information in this interim report for January-June 2012 in accordance with Chapter 17 of the Swedish Securities Market Act (2007:528). The information was distributed to the media for publication at 12.15 CET on Tuesday August 14, 2012.
This is a translation of the Swedish year-end report of Holmen Aktiebolag (publ.). In the event of inconsistency between the English and the Swedish versions, the Swedish version shall prevail.