- The Group's net turnover for January-September 2007 amounted to MSEK 14 086 (January-September 2006: 13 762).
- Profit after tax was MSEK 1 164 (1 090).
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK 13.7 (12.9). Return on equity was 9.5% (9.0).
- The operating profit was MSEK 1 804 (1 714). The result was favourably affected by higher newsprint prices, while it was adversely affected by higher costs of wood and recovered paper, extensive maintenance and rebuilding stops and lower deliveries.
- The operating profit for the third quarter amounted to MSEK 642, which was MSEK 113 higher than for the second quarter. The profit includes MSEK 105 on the sale of shares. Moreover, the result was adversely affected by costs and loss of production associated with a stop for rebuilding at the board mill in Iggesund.
- The market situation for newsprint in Europe has been affected by lower demand and higher imports. Holmen Paper's deliveries were 1% lower than in January-September 2006. The prices of Holmen Paper's products were on average some 3% higher than during the corresponding period last year.
- The market situation for virgin fibre board in Europe was firm during the third quarter. Demand for Iggesund Paperboard's products remained good but deliveries decreased by 4% in relation to January-September 2006 owing to the stop for rebuilding. Price increases have had some impact during the third quarter.
- Holmen's Board has decided to invest in a sawmill adjacent to the Braviken paper mill in Norrköping.