- Items affecting comparability relate to a write-down of fixed assets and a positive revaluation of forests of net MSEK 557 carried through in the fourth quarter of 2007.
· Profit after tax was MSEK 271 (397).
· Earnings per share amounted to SEK 3.2 (4.7). Return on equity was 6.4% (9.7).
· The operating profit was MSEK 446 (634). This result was adversely affected by lower newsprint prices and higher cost of wood.
- The operating profit excluding items affecting comparability was MSEK 36 lower than during the fourth quarter of 2007.
· The demand for newsprint in Europe fell slightly during the first quarter. The price of newsprint fell. In Holmen Paper's case, the price
was on average some 4% lower than in the first quarter of 2007, whereas deliveries rose by 3%.
- The market situation for virgin fibre board in Europe weakened slightly during the first quarter. Iggesund's deliveries were 5% lower than