- The Group's net turnover amounted to MSEK 16,319 (2004: 15,653).
- Profit after tax was MSEK 1,256 (1,275).
- Earnings per share after dilution amounted to SEK 14.8 (15.1). The return on equity was 8.0 % (7.9).
- The operating profit was MSEK 1,973 (1,952). Higher prices for newsprint and magazine paper had a favourable effect on the result, while costs of energy, chemicals and transports increased significantly.
- The fourth quarter operating result was MSEK 570, which was MSEK 20 lower than for the previous quarter.
- The Board proposes that a dividend of SEK 11 per share be paid. For the previous year the dividend paid was SEK 10.
- The market situation for newsprint in Europe remained good during the fourth quarter. Holmen Paper's full-year deliveries increased by 2 % in relation to the previous year. Negotiations on price increases are in progress.
- The market situation for virgin fibre board in Europe remained good during the fourth quarter. Iggesund Paperboard's full-year deliveries were 2 % lower than in the previous year owing to lower production. Prices were stable.
Stockholm 2 February 2006
President and CEO
This report has not been examined by the company's auditors.
The interim report for January-March 2006 will be published on 27 April.
The 2006 AGM will be held in Stockholm at 4.00 pm on 28 March.