Iggesund Paperboard, UK
Iggesund Paperboard is the proud maker of Invercote and Incada, two of the world’s leading paperboard brands manufactured in Workington, U.K. and Iggesund, Sweden. Founded in 1685, Iggesund Paperboard is part of the forest industry group Holmen, which owns more than 1.3 million hectares of forest in Sweden.
Our care for the customers and their businesses goes far beyond offering the best paperboard. We care for every tree during its century long journey from seedling to paperboard. We provide a broad range of services, support and advice and we care about the environment, all the way from our forests to the consumers. That is because we believe black figures are best grown from green assets. We call this Care by Iggesund.
We pride ourselves in a strong local market presence. As a result of an internal restructure we are looking for a field based Technical Service Manager in the UK reporting into the Market Technical Service Department and working closely with our UK sales force.
YOUR NEXT CHALLENGE
You will be based in the UK close to your customers to provide an effective customer technical support in both new developments and troubleshooting areas. You will report to the Technical Service Director for Packaging and Graphics in Europe and you are part of a team of Technical Service professionals that are based throughout Europe.
The position has strong links to the technical departments located at our mills in Iggesund (Sweden) and Workington (Cumbria, UK) as well as our European Sales Office teams in Amsterdam (Netherlands).
Your exact location in the UK can be discussed as you will work from a home office, but ideally you should be located on or south of the M62 corridor. Since travel within Europe is a required part of the job you should also be located within easy reach of an international airport.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
• Technical responsibility for assigned customers: communicate technical issues
in a clear and precise manner internally and externally
• First contact for customer with technical questions
• Organize technical trainings/seminars for customers and Iggesund employees
• Represent Iggesund Paperboard at customer mill visits in co-operation with
• Support Iggesund Paperboard introduction of new products
TO SUCCEED IN THE ROLE
• You have a science based University (or college) degree or relevant industry recognized training
• You have experience in problem solving techniques, negotiation skills and are comfortable presenting to small or larger groups
• You have business acumen. You understand and communicate upselling and cross-selling opportunities internally
• You are a well organised and self-motivated individual that is able to work independently or as part of a group
• Both your written and spoken English should be to a high standard with the ability to write formal reports
• You can work comfortably in all normal Microsoft based IT systems such as Word / Excel and PowerPoint
• A valid clean driving licence
• A valid passport
Who you are as a person is of decisive importance when we make our selection. You are well-organised and results-driven. You are a self-starter with a friendly communication style. You have a broad understanding of business processes and the ability to rapidly and effectively understand your customers’ needs and you are able to explain them to others in the organisation.
For our business activities it is important that you have good judgement and the ability to create good relationships both inside and outside the company.
OUR OFFER TO YOU
• Market based salary
• Excellent secondary benefits
• Opportunity to travel
• Potential for personal development within an international work environment
Send your application before:
Jeanette Broberg, HR Manager
+31 20 6559 211 firstname.lastname@example.org
Linda Calvert, Technical Service Director
+44 1274 61 27 52 email@example.com
Do you feel you meet the above description and are you ready for the next challenge in your carreer? Apply today by sending your CV and motivation to Jeanette Broberg, HR Manager via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technical Service Manager,