Forest certification is suitable for those who want their forests managed in a long-term, sustainable way. With Holmen you can choose between certifying your forest to PEFC or FSC®.
The procedure for forest certification is as follows:
1. You examine the certification requirements with your contact at Holmen Skog. The most important requirement is to manage your forest sustainably.
2. A certification-adapted forest management plan is drawn up. We can assist with this.
3. You receive confirmation of forest certification and continuously manage your forest according to the certification requirements.
4. Holmen’s environmental auditors monitor that the forest is managed in accordance with the certification requirements. One audit per year is normally carried out for large properties, while smaller properties are subject to sample audits.
5. In conjunction with auditing of Holmen’s own forests, sample audits are also performed among some of the forest owners affiliated to Holmen Skog’s umbrella certification.