Your next workplace
Iggesund Paperboard is a Swedish company and a member of the Holmen Group. The Workington Mill produces premium paperboard under the brand Incada. Our paperboard is an integral part of the shopping experience for our clients’ customers. Since 2013 we have powered the mill almost entirely by fossil fuel free energy. We value our employees and products highly. Today we are approximately 320 co-workers. Our integrated pulp and paperboard mill is located to the west of the beautiful Lake District in the north of England.
Your future challenge
We are recruiting an experienced Procurement Manager to be based at our Workington Mill. Reporting to the Head of Finance, the successful candidate will lead and co-ordinate work within the mill procurement department whilst supporting departmental, Company
and Group objectives.
We seek an astute individual that can develop and drive efficient procurement processes, you will also:-
- Manage and develop new and existing contractor/supplier relations.
- Partner with all areas of the Mill to build and adapt Procurement understanding and strategies.
- Develop effective negotiation strategies and purchase products and services in congruence with group strategies.
- Operate cross functionally in the Holmen Strategic Purchasing organisation.
- Work closely with the Projects department to develop early strategies on Capital investments.
To succeed in this role, you should possess:
- An MCIPS qualification or be working towards completion
- Experience from supply chain management, ideally from within the process industry
- Proven leadership and organisational development skills
- A good knowledge of relevant legislation
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent commercial awareness and business acumen
Preferably you will possess knowledge of the pulp and paper process and mill capabilities, although this isn’t essential.
Applicants are welcomed from those that fit the required level of competence.
We offer you
- A competitive salary DOE
- Contributory pension plan
- 33 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays) and the option to buy additional holidays
- Life assurance
- Private health scheme
- A range of benefits to support your health and wellbeing
- On-site staff canteen
- Cycle to work scheme
Holmen is an equal opportunities employer that values diversity and is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
We are devoted and committed to developing our teams and ensuring that our staff have the courage, commitment and responsibility to perform at their best. We provide significant resources to enable you to achieve your potential and expect our staff to perform to the best of their ability at all times.
If you’re looking for the opportunity to challenge yourself and make a positive impact with a pioneering customer-orientated business, we’d love to hear from you.
To apply, please click the “Apply for this position” link at the end of the advert and upload your CV to arrive by 1800 hours on 4th October 2021.
Last day of application
4 October, 2021