Are you passionate about continuous improvements?
Your next workplace
Holmen Iggesund is a Swedish company and a member of the Holmen Group. The Workington Mill produces premium paperboard under the brand Incada. Our paperboard is an integral part of the shopping experience for our clients’ customers. Since 2013 we have powered the mill almost entirely by fossil fuel free energy. We value our employees and products highly. Today we are approximately 340 co-workers. Our integrated pulp and paperboard mill is located to the west of the beautiful Lake District in the north of England.
Your future challenge
We are seeking a Mechanical Plant Engineer to join the Engineering department in the CHP/Woodyard Area.
The Mechanical Plant Engineer role is key for the success of Mill Reliability and maximising Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) and Electricity Generation working alongside Area Managers, Planners, Team Leaders, Engineers and Co-ordinators.
Reporting to an Area Engineering Manager the successful candidate will:
- Conduct Technical Assessments for Work Prioritisation
- Develop Work Task Templates for the Quality of Work Planning and Execution
- Allocate Specialist Contractors to Work Tasks and Supervise and Sign-Off Work
- Become a Plant Specialist
- Develop the technical aspects of Engineering Standards
- Advise and co-ordinate specialist tools
- Lead Modifications utilising the Change Control procedure
- Identify Capital Investment requirements
- Participate in Criticality Analysis, Failure Analysis and Maintenance Strategy Reviews
- Identify Spare Part requirements and manage obsolescence
- Lead Downtime Incident Investigations and Actions
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis problem solving
- Identify updates to Asset Technical requirements, Asset Hierarchy and Drawings
- Control of Contractor competence and inductions
- Complete actions relating to health and safety compliance and business risk
The successful Mechanical Plant Engineer will possess:
- A recognised Engineering Apprenticeship
In addition to this, the following would be desirable:
- Educated to HNC level (or equivalent in a technical discipline).
- Good knowledge of pulp and paper process.
- Engineering degree preferred.
- Excellent knowledge in maintenance and project engineering/management
- Appropriate training in both Leadership and organisational development.
- Good knowledge of Plant Management databases.
- Appropriate training in Health and Safety (IOSH).
- Computer literate with working knowledge of ‘Windows Office’ suite.
We offer you
- A competitive salary
- Fantastic contributory pension plan
- 33 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays) and the option to buy additional holidays every year
- Life assurance
- Opportunities to develop and grow
- Full PPE and annual uniform/PPE allowance
- On-site subsidised staff canteen
- A range of benefits to support your health and wellbeing
- On site Occupational Health
- Private health scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
Holmen is an equal opportunities employer that values diversity and is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
We are devoted and committed to developing our teams and ensuring that our staff have the courage, commitment and responsibility to perform at their best. We provide significant resources to enable you to achieve your potential and expect our staff to perform to the best of their ability at all times.
If you’re looking for the opportunity to be part of a great work community, looking to develop yourself and engage and make a positive impact with a pioneering customer and employee orientated business, we’d love to hear from you.
To apply, please click the “Apply for this position” link at the end of the advert and upload your CV to arrive by 1600 hours on Sunday 21st August 2022.
Last day of application
21 August, 2022
We let the forest grow and give
Holmen’s operations are powered by the forest. The growing trees, the water rushing down the mighty rivers and the wind blowing through the treetops. This is the heart of Holmen, a business built around the forest ecocycle and the renewable products we can create from it. Our business areas are Forest, Renewable Energy, Wood Products, Paperboard and Paper. With a workforce of 3 500 people, we create a sustainable future and value for shareholders, customers and society with courage, commitment and responsibility.
Premium paperboard for conscious brands Holmen Iggesund develops premium paperboard for conscious brands with high ambitions in sectors such as cosmetics, electronics, pharmaceuticals and food. With a focus on creating solutions that stem from real insights together with our customers, our product families Invercote and Incada are reknowned for their durability, excellent design properties and low climate footprint. We use fresh fibre from sustainably managed and certified forests. Our production and processing facilities are located in Iggesund and Strömsbruk in Sweden and Workington in the UK.