Your next workplace
Iggesund Paperboard is a Swedish company and a member of the Holmen Group. The Workington Mill produces premium paperboard under the brand Incada. Our paperboard is an integral part of the shopping experience for our clients’ customers. Since 2013 we have powered the mill almost entirely by fossil fuel free energy. We value our employees and products highly. Today we are approximately 320 co-workers. Our integrated pulp and paperboard mill is located to the west of the beautiful Lake District in the north of England.
Your future challenge
An opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Craftsperson. The function of the engineering department is to provide engineering resources to carry out preventative, predictive and reactive maintenance for all areas of the site, and also to provide expertise in most engineering disciplines to carry out plant modifications.
As a Mechanical Craftsperson, you will be tasked with undertaking a range of maintenance work on equipment across the Workington site whilst promoting continuous improvement.
You will be responsible for leading work safely, by yourself and with others, to maintain the mill in an optimum condition and minimise downtime. Diagnosing faults and taking action for their resolution including sourcing parts, information, further resources/skills and reporting into the site maintenance management system.
Maintenance is provided to all areas of the site using the in-house engineering craft and between the teams they provide coverage for breakdowns and equipment adjustments, as well as routine and preventative maintenance activities.
You will be required to:
- adhere to health, safety and environmental policies and procedures and engineering standards;
- work to achieve personal, departmental and Company objectives;
- maintain the mill in an optimum and safe condition;
- operate relevant equipment/vehicles for which training has been received;
- use the engineering management system to source parts/information and select and report history in work orders;
- diagnose faults and take action to rectify them;
- adhere to the RAPPI permit/isolation system;
- work safely within safety and skill remit;
- Diagnose faults and taking action to rectify them.
The successful applicant will form part of a daywork rota system whereby holidays are built into the rota. You’ll be required to work some 12 hour shifts and be part of an on-call rota.
To apply for this role you should possess:
- A recognised Engineering Apprenticeship;
- Be educated to HNC level (or equivalent in a technical discipline);
- Excellent knowledge in maintenance and project engineering/management;
- Appropriate training in Health and Safety.
Preferrably you will possess appropriate training in both Leadership and organisational development.
We offer you
Holmen is an equal opportunities employer that values diversity and is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
We are devoted and committed to developing our teams and ensuring that our staff have the courage, commitment and responsibility to perform at their best. We provide significant resources to enable you to achieve your potential and expect our staff to perform to the best of their ability at all times. Joining us, you will receive:-
- A competitive salary;
- Contributory pension plan;
- Life assurance;
- A range of benefits to support your health and wellbeing;
- On-site staff canteen.
If you’re looking for the opportunity to challenge yourself and make a positive impact with a pioneering customer orientated business, we’d love to hear from you.
To apply, please click the “Apply for this position” link at the end of the advert and upload your CV to arrive by 1600 hours on 30th October 2020.Send application
Last day of application
31 October, 2020