Your next workplace?
Do you want to work for an organization with a high level of commitment and many different cultures? Do you want to be part of an organization with focus on leadership and the employees?
Your future challenge
Holmen Iggesund is looking for a talented and qualified Logistics Director who will be based in Iggesund/Sweden. In this position, you will be responsible for Holmen Iggesund’s logistics network from the mills in Sweden and the UK mill in Workington to the customers all over the globe, partly passing through external warehouses and/or sheeting & extrusion facilities. Within the role you select carriers, research shipping methods & alternatives, assess budgets and organise storage. You'll ensure that the right products are delivered to the right location on time and at a good cost. You collaborate with sales teams and customer service teams to ensure supplies are stored and delivered to customers in a timely manner. You implement and maintain operating policies on general logistics procedures securing premium service for our purposeful packaging solutions.
You manage a logistics organization, involving departments and people in Iggesund, Amsterdam and Workington (UK) where you will have eight people reporting directly to you. The organization is focusing on all part of the logistic value chain, from strategic infrastructure and sourcing to operational logistic planning.
In this role you report to the Supply Chain Director based in the Netherlands and will be part of the Supply Chain Management Team.
Your Main Duties Will Be To
- Ensure that the logistics setup enables Holmen Iggesund to give excellent delivery service to its customers to an optimised cost.
- Ensure that Logistics has as an efficient and effective organization.
- Evaluate future strategic logistic setup for distribution and sheeting to all delivery markets, suggest improvements and inform and discuss with different stakeholders
- Identify systems tools needed to implement process improvement and efficiency
- Establish key performance metrics and benchmarks relating to logistics
- Develop and implement logistics plans inclusive of supplier contracts, routing guidelines, problem resolution and cost containment
- Ensure that risk analysis in connection to transport of product materials from the mills is continuously updated and that mitigating actions are implemented.
- Monitor the business plan and budget. Communicate and steer financial and operational targets for the logistics organization.
To succeed in this role
- A University Degree in Logistics, MSc, BA or equivalent
- 6 years of experience in logistics in a global context
- Minimum 3 years of significant responsibility for staff leading logistics management teams
- Proven strong track record of managing change in cross-divisional organizations
- Experience within pulp/paper/packaging is an advantage
- Strong written and oral communication skills in Swedish and English
- Proven ability to build and manage successful teams
- Organised, flexible and easily adaptable to changing conditions
To be a good fit to our organization, you need to be a solid leader with a strategic mindset and business acumen. At the same time, we expect you to have an ability to understand operational issues and support your managers in day-to-day challenges. You have strong interpersonal and influencing skills, are a great communicator and have the ability to inspire confidence and create trust with all stakeholders. You furthermore have excellent analytical skills and good structure in your way of working. Finally, you are a strong collaborator and team player and you have a non-prestigious attitude.
We offer you
We offer you a challenging and responsible role with great development opportunities in an international and prosperous organization. We have an open and welcoming atmosphere that is permeated by our values of courage, commitment and responsibility. In your role you have the opportunity to contribute to Holmen's as well as your own development and success.
Can you see yourself as our new Logistic Director? Please apply today by sending us your English resume and cover letter! To apply, please click the “apply” button. The procedure will close January 31st. If we find suitable candidates sooner, we will close the procedure early, so apply as soon as you can.
Last day of application
31 January, 2022
We let the forest grow and give
Holmen’s operations are powered by the forest. The growing trees, the water rushing down the mighty rivers and the wind blowing through the treetops. This is the heart of Holmen, a business built around the forest ecocycle and the renewable products we can create from it. Our business areas are Forest, Renewable Energy, Wood Products, Paperboard and Paper. With a workforce of 3 300 people, we create a sustainable future and value for shareholders, customers and society with courage, commitment and responsibility.
Premium paperboard for conscious brands Holmen Iggesund develops premium paperboard for conscious brands with high ambitions in sectors such as cosmetics, electronics, pharmaceuticals and food. With a focus on creating solutions that stem from real insights together with our customers, our product families Invercote and Incada are reknowned for their durability, excellent design properties and low climate footprint. We use fresh fibre from sustainably managed and certified forests. Our production and processing facilities are located in Iggesund and Strömsbruk in Sweden and Workington in the UK.