The future grows in the forest. Grow with us!
Iggesund Paperboard is a Swedish company and a member of the Holmen Group. The Workington Mill produces premium paperboard under the brand Incada. Our paperboard is an integral part of the shopping experience for our clients’ customers. Since 2013 we have powered the mill almost entirely by fossil fuel free energy. We value our employees and products highly. Today we are approximately 340 co-workers. Our integrated pulp and paperboard mill is located to the west of the beautiful Lake District in the north of England.
Your future challenge
We are looking for an experienced and motivated IT Infrastructure Developer who will cover IT & infrastructure site wide. The function of the role is leading in sustaining improvements, reliability, availability and costs for the IT systems and it's infrastructure within budget frames and policies. This role is integral to maintaining the business’s 24/7 - 365 operation and in driving overall objectives of the business. The role will be considered on a hybrid basis for the right candidate.
Reporting to the IT Team Leader, the successful candidate will
- Provide support, maintenance, analysis and design for the mills 24 x 365 IT Services
- Develop, maintain and document voice and data infrastructure services
- Monitor systems and use initiative to prevent unplanned downtime
- Provide assistance to other members of the IT department as required
- Present a professional personal and Company image
- Drive personal development
The successful IT Infrastructure Developer will possess
- A relevant degree in Information Technology - or equivalent
- Practical industry experience in many of the following technologies; VOIP, VMware, HP and Cisco networking, Checkpoint FW, Windows Server, Cisco WiFi, FC SAN, Veeam
- Ability to mentor and assist Service Desk personnel with technical expertise, knowledge transfer and ticket prioritisation
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Good skills in analysis, design and problem solving
- A forward thinking attitude with good business appreciation
We offer you:
- A competitive salary
- 33 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays) and the option to buy additional holidays every year
- Contributory pension plan which matches your contribution up to 10%
- Life assurance
- Full PPE and annual uniform / PPE allowance
- Opportunities for development and promotion
- A range of benefits to support your health and wellbeing
- On-site canteen
- On site Occupational Health
- Cycle to work scheme
Holmen is an equal opportunities employer that values diversity and is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
We are devoted and committed to developing our teams and ensuring that our staff have the courage, commitment and responsibility to perform at their best. We provide significant resources to enable you to achieve your potential and expect our staff to perform to the best of their ability at all times.
If you’re looking for the opportunity to challenge yourself and make a positive impact, we’d love to hear from you.
To apply, please click the “Apply for this position” link at the end of the advert and upload your CV to arrive by 1600 hours on Sunday 10 July 2022
Last day of application
10 July, 2022
We let the forest grow and give
Holmen’s operations are powered by the forest. The growing trees, the water rushing down the mighty rivers and the wind blowing through the treetops. This is the heart of Holmen, a business built around the forest ecocycle and the renewable products we can create from it. Our business areas are Forest, Renewable Energy, Wood Products, Paperboard and Paper. With a workforce of 3 500 people, we create a sustainable future and value for shareholders, customers and society with courage, commitment and responsibility.
Premium paperboard for conscious brands Holmen Iggesund develops premium paperboard for conscious brands with high ambitions in sectors such as cosmetics, electronics, pharmaceuticals and food. With a focus on creating solutions that stem from real insights together with our customers, our product families Invercote and Incada are reknowned for their durability, excellent design properties and low climate footprint. We use fresh fibre from sustainably managed and certified forests. Our production and processing facilities are located in Iggesund and Strömsbruk in Sweden and Workington in the UK.