Are you passionate about continuous improvements?
Your next workplace
Holmen Iggesund is a Swedish company and a member of the Holmen Group. The Workington Mill produces premium paperboard under the brand Incada. Our paperboard is an integral part of the shopping experience for our clients’ customers. Since 2013 we have powered the mill almost entirely by fossil fuel free energy. We value our employees and products highly. Today we are approximately 340 co-workers. Our integrated pulp and paperboard mill is located to the west of the beautiful Lake District in the north of England.
Your future challenge
We are seeking an Engineering Planner to join the Engineering department.
The Engineering Planner is responsible for Planning and Scheduling maintenance activities to support Safe and Quality execution of Work Orders and Work Tasks.
Reporting to an Area Engineering Manager the successful candidate will:
- Scope and Plan Work Orders including Risk Assessment, Work Task Steps, Material Requisitions for Parts and Purchase Requisitions
- Schedule Work Tasks for the Weekly Schedule and Shut Schedules
- Chair Planning & Scheduling meetings to review Work Completion, Work Tasks, Resource Availability, Plant Availability, and conflicting Mill priorities
- Adhere to Health, Safety and Environmental policies
- Observe budgets, polices (incl. Health, Safety and Environment), Engineering and Company objectives
The successful Engineering Planner will preferably possess:
- A recognised Engineering Apprenticeship
- Educated to HNC level in a technical discipline
- Practical experience of process industry
- Computer literate with knowledge of ‘windows Office’ suite
- Excellent knowledge of engineering maintenance systems (CMMS)
We offer you
- A competitive salary DOE
- Contributory pension plan
- 33 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays) and the option to buy additional holidays
- Life assurance
- A range of benefits to support your health and wellbeing
- On-site staff canteen
- Cycle to work scheme
Holmen is an equal opportunities employer that values diversity and is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
We are devoted and committed to developing our teams and ensuring that our staff have the courage, commitment and responsibility to perform at their best. We provide significant resources to enable you to achieve your potential and expect our staff to perform to the best of their ability at all times.
If you’re looking for the opportunity to challenge yourself and make a positive impact with a pioneering customer orientated business, we’d love to hear from you.
To apply, please click the “Apply for this position” link at the end of the advert and upload your CV to arrive by 1600 hours on Sunday 29th May 2022.
Last day of application
29 May, 2022
We let the forest grow and give
Holmen’s operations are powered by the forest. The growing trees, the water rushing down the mighty rivers and the wind blowing through the treetops. This is the heart of Holmen, a business built around the forest ecocycle and the renewable products we can create from it. Our business areas are Forest, Renewable Energy, Wood Products, Paperboard and Paper. With a workforce of 3 500 people, we create a sustainable future and value for shareholders, customers and society with courage, commitment and responsibility.
Premium paperboard for conscious brands Holmen Iggesund develops premium paperboard for conscious brands with high ambitions in sectors such as cosmetics, electronics, pharmaceuticals and food. With a focus on creating solutions that stem from real insights together with our customers, our product families Invercote and Incada are reknowned for their durability, excellent design properties and low climate footprint. We use fresh fibre from sustainably managed and certified forests. Our production and processing facilities are located in Iggesund and Strömsbruk in Sweden and Workington in the UK.