Your next workplace
Iggesund Paperboard is a Swedish company and a member of the Holmen Group. The Workington Mill produces premium paperboard under the brand Incada. Our paperboard is an integral part of the shopping experience for our clients’ customers. Since 2013 we have powered the mill almost entirely by fossil fuel free energy. We value our employees and products highly. Today we are approximately 320 co-workers. Our integrated pulp and paperboard mill is located to the west of the beautiful Lake District in the north of England.
Your future challenge
We seek an experienced Business Controller to join our friendly and professional Accounting and Reporting team based at the Workington Mill. Responsible for financial reporting and analysis to the business you will build relationships with a variety of stakeholders within the local business area, the wider Holmen group, and with external organisations.
Reporting to the Head of Accounting and Reporting the Business Controller will:-
- Analyse and control variable and fixed costs, price/volume and finished stock;
- Deliver on book closure with analysis & commentary;
- Ensure stock control including stock inventory across all locations;
- Provide capital projects calculations & follow up;
- Partner & support the business by providing financial advice regarding budgets, forecasts and planning;
- Maintain and develop contribution systems/profitability calculations and financial models.
The successful Business Controller will:
- Be a qualified Accountant CIMA/ACA;
- Possess robust analytical and modelling skills particularly using Excel;
- Possess a good understanding of financial/management accounting principles;
- Be flexible and adaptable to engage with relevant stakeholders at all levels of the business, remaining objective and preserving a strong sense of commercial awareness.
Holmen is an equal opportunities employer that values diversity and is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
We are devoted and committed to developing our teams and ensuring that our staff have the courage, commitment and responsibility to perform at their best. We provide significant resources to enable you to achieve your potential and expect our staff to perform to the best of their ability at all times.
What we offer you:
- A competitive salary DOE
- Private medical insurance
- Contributory pension plan
- 33 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays) and the option to buy additional holidays
- Life assurance
- A range of benefits to support your health and wellbeing
- On-site staff canteen
- Cycle to work scheme
If you’re looking for the opportunity to challenge yourself and make a positive impact with a pioneering customer-orientated business, we’d love to hear from you.
To apply, please click the “Apply for this position” link at the end of the advert and upload your CV to arrive by 1800 hours on 21st December 2021.
Last day of application
19 December, 2021
We let the forest grow and give
Holmen’s operations are powered by the forest. The growing trees, the water rushing down the mighty rivers and the wind blowing through the treetops. This is the heart of Holmen, a business built around the forest ecocycle and the renewable products we can create from it. Our business areas are Forest, Renewable Energy, Wood Products, Paperboard and Paper. With a workforce of 3 300 people, we create a sustainable future and value for shareholders, customers and society with courage, commitment and responsibility.
Premium paperboard for conscious brands Holmen Iggesund develops premium paperboard for conscious brands with high ambitions in sectors such as cosmetics, electronics, pharmaceuticals and food. With a focus on creating solutions that stem from real insights together with our customers, our product families Invercote and Incada are reknowned for their durability, excellent design properties and low climate footprint. We use fresh fibre from sustainably managed and certified forests. Our production and processing facilities are located in Iggesund and Strömsbruk in Sweden and Workington in the UK.